Never Settle is hosting a 2nd annual World Change campaign to promote giving and volunteering during the 2015 holiday season. Our goal is always to empower ordinary people to make an extraordinary impact in the world, but we like to kick it up a notch to end the year. We have big plans for World Change 2015 and we want you to be a part of it. Don’t worry, we will be sharing tons of ways to get involved between now and December 31st.
Small groups can make a BIG impact
American anthropologist Margaret Mead said “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world…it is the only thing that ever has.” It’s true. Something amazing happens when individuals work toward a common goal at the same time. Our ability to influence and impact others becomes amplified when our voices are all speaking in unison. If you don’t believe even a small group can make a meaningful difference, just look at last year’s World Change 2014 campaign.
- 7 Googlers inspired their co-workers to donate over $10,000 in just five days. As if that wasn’t awesome enough, Google matched the total with their own donation.
- I promised to match donations on my birthday (Dec. 30th). You guys broke my bank account with $350 donated in one day.
- 15 people gave $3,146 online at neversettle.org during the month of December. That’s enough to install a water purification system in a Nepali school, train the students and staff on hygiene, and still have money leftover to cover the first few years of maintenance costs.
If you’re feeling nostalgic, you can view the full impact report for World Change 2014. Our relatively small community made a choice to never settle for the status quo. We got involved and made an extraordinary impact that still continues today.
Never settle for less than World Change
I believe most people want to make a difference with their lives and leave a mark on this earth that will last long after they are gone. If you have read this far, you are likely one of those people. I have good news. You don’t have to give away half your paychecks or move to Africa to make a significant impact. However, the choices you make everyday about where you spend your money and how you spend your time do matter.
Never Settle has joined forces with three outstanding non-profits committed to implementing life changing projects around the world. These innovative organizations are masters of sustainable solutions in the water, disaster relief, and orphan-care sectors. By focusing our efforts on these organizations, we can funds projects that are proven to have positive humanitarian outcomes and transparent financial information. As always, we donate 100% of fundraising money to our non-profit partners and share impact reports with donors. You can learn a little about each partner for World Change 2015 below.
- Splash cleans water for kids living in urban poverty and teaches them about hygiene. Their innovative approach utilizes water purification systems retrofitted to meet the needs of the developing world.
- Team Rubicon is a community of US Military Veterans using their skillsets to provide critical relief in disaster situations at home and abroad.
- The Global Orphan Project doesn’t just care for orphans. They transform their lives by providing housing, education, and even job opportunities when they get older.
Get involved. Join our team.
Be a part of something bigger than yourself by joining us for World Change 2015! The number #1 best way to stay updated on World Change 2015 opportunities is by joining the email list. We will be shooting off weekly emails with tips for maximizing volunteer hours and donation dollars. That will also let you know about important dates like #GivingTuesday or other days when gift matching is available.
Other quick ways to get involved with World Change 2015
- Join our email list
- Share this post on Facebook or Twitter
- Make a donation to our partner
- Start a fundraising page
[button size=”large” align=”center” link=”https://www.classy.org/events/world-change-2015/e42259″ bgColor=”rgba(0,125,195,1)”]OPEN CAMPAIGN[/button]